European Masonic Meeting
29th / 30th / 31st of Mai 2009
Hotel Sport Village****
(Sport Hotels Resort & Spa)
Soldeu, Principality of Andorra
LA TRIADA No. 1 (Andorra la Vella)
SANT JOAN DE LES VALLS No. 2 (Encamp)
CARLEMANY No. 3 (Andorra la Vella)
VESCOMPTE ARNAU DE CASTELLBÓ No. 4 (Andorra la Vella)
A brief history
The European Union Chain was an idea promulgated by La Chaine d'Union Europeenne (The European Chain of Brotherhood) Lodge No. 183 in Longwy, France by the then Worshipful Master, Bro. Eric Tedeschi on May 26th 2003. A joint meeting was organised with Brethren from Belgium and Luxemburg with the purpose of forging links with Brethren from Regular European Lodges so as to develop a reciprocal and sincere appreciation of our Fraternity. A "European Rough Ashlar" was designed to symbolise this European Masonic Union which is held by the hosting Lodge for the year and transferred to the successor Lodge.
The Ashlar is surrounded by links which represent each host Lodge that has had the privilege of organising a meeting.
Previous meetings have been hosted by the following Lodges:
- 2004 - Lodge of Saint Jean Lumière de Lorraine No. 36, Arlon, Province of Luxemburg, Regular Grand Lodge of Belgium.
- 2005 - Matteo Alberti Lodge No. 1020, Bergisch-Gladbach, District Nordrhein Westfalen, Grand Lodge of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons of Germany.
- 2006 - Lodge Luxembourg No. 1, Grand Lodge of Luxemburg.
- 007 - Lodge Meuse Argonne No. 46, Saverne, Province of Alsace, Grande Loge Nationale Française.
- 2008 - Zu den Drei Weltkugeln Lodge, District Berlin, United Grand Lodges of Germany.
- The next "Tenue Européenne" (European Lodge Meeting) will be hosted by: 2009 - Calemany Lodge No. 3, Grand Lodge of Andorra.